Let us not beat around on this one. The benefits of scalp micropigmentation as a hair restoration treatment are bountiful. Flipping the coin on its head, finding downsides really isn’t that easy. But what are these incredible advantages that lie within this contemporary treatment?
Scalp Micropigmentation Explained
It is only recently that SMP has forged its way into households, making a steadfast name for itself. And in essence, it is the hair loss solution that works a little like a tattoo. Albeit, it is crucial to know that there are some significant differences which do actually set it apart from the classic needle and ink trade.
Scalp micropigmentation is implemented using a machine fitted with a microneedle. It works by a series of tiny dots, resembling imitation hair follicles, being lightly implanted just under the surface of the skin on a patient’s scalp. The time it takes to administer is anything between two to four hours for regular hair loss conditions and generally speaking, two to four SMP sessions will deem your procedure complete.
Benefits of SMP – Suitable Candidates for Scalp Micropigmentation Treatments
Hair loss is a condition that attacks the world over. Yet it happens for a myriad of different reasons and isn’t gender-biased. So who exactly is potentially eligible for scalp micropigmentation treatments?
- Anyone suffering from pattern baldness, which happens to be the most common cause of hair loss and affects both men and women alike
- Alopecia patients, also commonly known as patch baldness this debilitating condition is thought to be linked to both hormones and genetics
- SMP can benefit those suffering from lack of density
- Scar concealing on the scalp, frequently caused by hair transplants
- Scalp micropigmentation can bridge the gap between hair loss caused by treatments and regrowth
How Does SMP Differ From Other Hair Restoration Treatments?
Scalp micropigmentation offers one difference to the hair restoration industries that others just can’t. It is the treatment that’s guaranteed to work. Because it conceals the problem hair loss incurs there is no unstable promise of promoting new hair growth, just a simple promise that you will leave our practice with a maintenance-free look for years to come.
Is Scalp Micropigmentation a Safe Procedure?
Provided you exercise full due diligence when opting for your practitioner, SMP is not only exceedingly safe, it is also holistic. However, it is crucial to ensure you receive a correctly administered procedure to avoid any eventual mishaps. When discussing safety, there are certain minimal risk factors involved apart from the obvious, clean needles, sterile environment, etc, however, using an underqualified technician for treatment comes with the risk of poorly administered SMP. This can create unmeasurable damage to your well-being and emotional state.
Fast Facts on the Benefits of SMP for Hair Loss
- It looks ultimately natural and realistic. Often it is indistinguishable to that of an authentic hairline
- The healing times attached to this contemporary and non-invasive treatment are incredibly quick
- Results are both instant and guaranteed
- Once the healing process and aftercare routines are complete, your procedure is maintenance-free until it is time for top-ups
- And finally… as far as hair loss solutions go, scalp micropigmentation is incredibly affordable
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of scalp micropigmentation then why not check out my other news stories and learn more about this avant-garde solution for hair loss.